There are two main churches that are open for congregational worship and religious activities within the Parish.
The oldest and largest of these two churches is St John the Baptist on Church Lane. The church lies within the Church of England Lichfield Diocese. This church is a Grade II* listed building, and has a history dating back almost nine centuries. The oldest current part of the church is the tower, built in 1632, and the remaining wings were added and changed from 1844. However, there has been a church on this site since 1140. It also has in its grounds another listed structure, namely the Churchyard Cross, dating back to the construction of the later wing in 1844 approximately, but made with materials dating back to the original 12th century building. The organ of St John the Baptist church is of particular interest due to its size, age and history. The organ was originally built in 1789 for nearby Lichfield Cathedral, but moved here in 1865, commissioned by the then organist Josiah Spode who resided at nearby Hawksyard estate, also known as Spode House.
The second church still in use is Handsacre Methodist Church, occupying the junction with New Road and the A513. This church is an imposing red brick and sandstone structure, built in common with other late 19th/early 20th century church buildings. Built on a triangular site, and shares the site with an old rectory.
There are two other churches within the boundary of the Parish which are no longer in use. The most visible one to passers-by is the United Reform Church, on the Rugeley Road next to The Croft School. This is also a Grade II listed building, dating back to 1820. It is no longer in use but has regular visitors to the graveyard.