Purchased by Josiah Spode IV, great grandson of Josiah Spode of pottery fame, in around 1840, the existing Hawkesyard Hall was substantially re-modelled and enlarged, with the original building dating back to c. 1760.
Josiah Spode IV later bequeathed the Hall and the surrounding estate to his niece, Helen Gulson. Upon her death, ownership passed to the Dominican Order, who again enlarged the estate by building Hawesyard Priory.
During subsequent years, the Hall steadily fell into disrepair. The Dominican Monks eventually departed, and the Hall, from 1988, was used as a school until its eventual closure in 1999. During the years until closure, the Hall became known as Spode House. After it passed into the current ownership, the property reverted to its title of Hawkesyard Hall, and the process of restoration began, with the Hall transitioning to its current status as a wedding and conference venue.
Now looking much like it did a century ago, the Hall, set against a beautiful rural setting, is once again arguably the most significant and historic building in Armitage and Handsacre.